Primary school outreach materials were created for science week workshops:
- investigation to explore how DNA is responsible for similarities and differences between snails
- exploring similarities and differences between people
- lego brick constructions and woolly jumpers to illustrate concept of cells
- lego instruction manuals to show concept of DNA
- modelling DNA double helix with sweets
- extracting DNA from blueberries
‘Yeastie Beasties’ explored the use of microbes in food and biotechnology. Using respiring yeast to blow up balloons allowed investigation of the what is needed for life.
‘Marvellous Microbes’ explored the unseen variety of microbes in and around us and their role in human health and the environment as well as the more commonly known pathogenic role.